How to connect a smartphone to a Volkswagen
Volkswagen Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Instructions
Our smartphones and devices have become more and more important parts of our lives. Volkswagen recognizes this and offers multiple connectivity options that allow drivers and passengers to conveniently and safely access their device apps and features. If you are looking to learn how to connect a smartphone to a Volkswagen, follow these Volkswagen Apple CarPlay and Android Auto instructions.
Connecting to Volkswagen Apple CarPlay
IPhone users will use Apple CarPlay to connect their device to their Volkswagen infotainment system. Follow these steps to connect to Apple CarPlay.Phone connected to Apple CarPlay
- Download the Apple CarPlay app from iTunes.
- Plug your iPhone into a USB port using a certified Lightning cable.
- A screen will appear alerting you a new device has been connected. Select “Connect” on the screen to continue.
- Select “Allow” on your phone screen.
- Apple CarPlay will now be connected and apps can be selected through the infotainment screen.
Read More: Which Volkswagen models offer Apple CarPlay?
Connecting to Volkswagen Android Auto
If you own a smartphone that uses an Android operating system, you will use Android Auto to connect your device to your infotainment system. Follow these steps to connect to Android Auto.
- Download the Android Auto app.
- Start the app on the phone.
- Plug the phone into the USB port. It is recommended to use the cable that came with the phone.
- Press the “APP” button on the infotainment touchscreen.
- Select “Android Auto” to begin activation.
- Select “OK” when the data transfer screen appears to continue.
- A confirmation message will now appear on your phone screen. Select “Allow” to continue.
Accept any other prompts and Android Auto will now be loaded.